Important Information About Photo Standards
Many visa applicants in Saudi Arabia bring photos that we cannot accept because the photo was edited to adjust skin tone or remove blemishes. This is a very common practice at photo shops in Saudi Arabia. Please instruct your photographer not to change any aspect of the photo before printing it. The photo must look like you. If you bring photos that have been digitally altered you will be asked to get new ones before we can process your application.
Visa Photograph Requirements
- Photo size must be 5 x 5 cm (2” x 2”). Photo must be original, taken within the past 6 months, and show current appearance.
- Photo background must be plain white.
- Photo must be in sharp focus, and correctly exposed (not too dark or too light).
- Photo must be taken from a straight frontal view, showing full face including both ears.
- Facial dimensions must be between 2.5 cm and 3.5 cm from the top of the head to the bottom of the chin.
- Photo should show normal street attire:
- Uniforms should not be worn except for religious attire that is worn daily.
- Hats or coverings obscuring the hair or hairline are not allowed. Headcoverings worn for religious purposes are acceptable provided that the face is uncovered and the hairline and jaw line are visible.
- Dark or non-prescription glasses with tinted lenses are not acceptable. Prescription glasses, hearing devices, wigs or similar articles, should be shown if normally worn.
For additional inquiries, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions webpage.